Translate

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Newest Australian member to our team.


Rocco and I on the plane when we arrived 2 years ago (next to him is one of Boyd Martin's horses, they travelled together from Sydney-Melbourne-Aukland-LA-Newark.).
In Australia I have some horses that I have bred using some of the best Australian and European bloodlines. The focus is producing jumping and dressage horses. Jerry (by Regardez Moi out of the 3/4 sister to Centaur) is the first to make the trip to the U S of A! And what a trip it is.


22 hours Brisbane to Melbourne by road.

2 days in sunny Melbourne.

20 hours Melbourne to LA by air.

3 days quarantine.

3 weeks with Dom Schramm being.

44 hours to GA via Texas.

14 hours to MD!


He's currently unbroken and let a very idyllic existence in country Queensland where his friends have been cows and kangaroos! By the time he gets to me he'll have seen 3 countries (Australia, New Zealand and USA), travelled the length of Australia and the width of America! He's flying with IRT (the same company Rocco came with) who are accustomed to transporting million dollar t/b's all over the world and take excellent care of their cargo. Obviously I'm super excited and can't wait, I've already planned the rest of his year. It's sad for my mum who raised him but it's time for him to have a job.


On the competition front we have Waredaca, Loudoun then we head to the American Eventing Championships in Georgia.

1 comment:

Dorne said...

I'll certainly miss Jerry ( or Bullfrog, as he's known around here - think Jeramiah Bullfrog !).He's a lovely horse, and a great character.But he's more than ready to embark on a new career. I think paddock life was getting a bit too boring for him. Someone who will miss him even more than I will is Melinda, who has put in a lot of time and effort with him, and who loves him as if he were her child.We both look forward to seeing how he handles his new life so far from home.